This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.757 / 51°45'25"N
Longitude: -1.83 / 1°49'48"W
OS Eastings: 411828
OS Northings: 206488
OS Grid: SP118064
Mapcode National: GBR 4RW.S59
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.73DF
Entry Name: Richard Marchant Monument in the Churchyard Approximately 7 Metres South of South Aisle to Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303155
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127325
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY CHURCH ROAD
11/79 Richard Marchant monument in the
churchyard approximately 7m south
of south aisle to Church of St.
Double bale tomb. Dated 1673 and 1675. Limestone. Rectangular,
base comprising 2 chests with common top and base. Plain recessed
inscription panels. Cyma moulded base; cornice moulded top.
Bales have spiral gadrooning with cherubs' heads to west ends,
deaths' heads to east. Inscribed to Richard Marchant, died 1675.
Listing NGR: SP1182606490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings