This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.923 / 54°55'22"N
Longitude: -2.103 / 2°6'10"W
OS Eastings: 393496
OS Northings: 558709
OS Grid: NY934587
Mapcode National: GBR FCRJ.H0
Mapcode Global: WHB2K.NJS8
Entry Name: Black Hall
Listing Date: 20 October 1952
Last Amended: 18 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303185
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240582
Location: Hexhamshire Low Quarter, Northumberland, NE47
Civil Parish: Hexhamshire
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Whitley St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
HEXHAMSHIRE LOW QUARTER BLACK HALL
NY 95 NW
8/212 Black Hall (formerly
20.10.52 listed as Blackhall)
House dated 1714 with initials J.F. on sundial; north-east wing mid-C19,
remodelling of south and east elevations 1930. Rubble with cut quoins and
dressings; slate roof. South front 2 storeys, 5 bays. 2-bay left part
has 16-pane sashes with slightly projecting sills, re-set sundial between
upper windows. Bay 4 has part-glazed door in stop-chamfered surround under
moulded cornice; window above and flanking 2-storey bows of 1930. Coped
gables with moulded kneelers; stepped and corniced end and 2 ridge stacks.
Right return shows late C19 4-pane sashes and another 1930 bow to right.
Rear elevation shows wing with 9-pane sash stair window with Gothick glazing
under round-headed arch with moulded imposts and keystone; coped gable above
has moulded kneelers with finials. Lower C20 extension to right has re-set
doorway on left return, with wave-and hollow-chamfer mouldings.
Listing NGR: NY9349658709
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings