This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3179 / 55°19'4"N
Longitude: -2.0724 / 2°4'20"W
OS Eastings: 395504
OS Northings: 602646
OS Grid: NT955026
Mapcode National: GBR F6ZY.4H
Mapcode Global: WHB0N.4LFL
Entry Name: Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 21 October 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303234
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236161
Location: Harbottle, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Harbottle
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Upper Coquetdale
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 90 SE
21/74 Church of St. Mary
Parish church. C12, largely rebuilt 1848-9 by G. Pickering. Squared stone and
random rubble. Welsh slate roof. 4-bay nave and l-bay chancel.
The nave was the chancel of a much larger medieval church. One east respond of
former south arcade remains attached to south-east corner outside. West end
has doorway with shouldered lintel and: round-headed window over. Gabled bellcote
above. Plain round-headed north and south windows. All the detail is of 1848-9.
The south wall masonry and the lower part of the north wall are medieval.
Chancel, of 1848-9 has 2 medieval grave covers with foliated crosses built into
south wall. East end has 3 stepped round-headed windows.
Gabled roof with wheel-head cross finials.
Listing NGR: NT9550402646
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings