History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Manor House

A Grade II* Listed Building in North and Middle Littleton, Worcestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1212 / 52°7'16"N

Longitude: -1.885 / 1°53'5"W

OS Eastings: 407971

OS Northings: 246995

OS Grid: SP079469

Mapcode National: GBR 3L0.XZT

Mapcode Global: VHB0N.8YV7

Entry Name: The Manor House

Listing Date: 30 July 1959

Last Amended: 27 January 1984

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1303258

English Heritage Legacy ID: 147611

Location: North and Middle Littleton, Wychavon, Worcestershire, WR11

County: Worcestershire

District: Wychavon

Civil Parish: North and Middle Littleton

Built-Up Area: South Littleton

Traditional County: Worcestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire

Church of England Parish: North and Middle Littleton

Church of England Diocese: Worcester

Find accommodation in
Cleeve Prior

Listing Text

SP 04 NE NORTH & MIDDLE LITTLETON MIDDLE LITTLETON
2/22+6/22

30.7.59 The Manor House
(formerly listed as
Manor Farmhouse)
GV
II*

Manor house, mid C17, blue lias stone with Cotswold stone dressings. H-plan, the rear
wings apparently early C18 and later additions. Plain tile roof with 2 blue lias
stone ridge stacks and 2 rebuilt side wall stacks on West side. Two-storey and
attic. Symmetrical South front, projecting gabled wings flanking a gabled centre.
Minor variations between wings indicate that West side wing is possibly later than
centre and East side. Stone mullioned windows to both wings, 3-light to attics,
4-light to 1st floor. Two-light windows to inner returns of wings and East side of
East wing. Hoodmoulds to East wing windows only. Ground floor glazing bar sash
windows. Centre has chamfer moulded Tudor arched front door flanked by a 3-light
window each side with continuous dripmould carried right across and around East wing,
4-light 1st floor and 3-light attic windows with hoodmoulds. To rear two 3-light 1st
floor window and 6-light ground floor window, all with hoodmoulds. East side rear
wing plain gabled; West side rear with hipped North gable, 2 dormers on West side,
4 casement pairs to 1st floor and 2 sashes and 2 triple casements to ground floor.


Listing NGR: SP0797146995

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.