This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8311 / 51°49'52"N
Longitude: -1.8384 / 1°50'18"W
OS Eastings: 411229
OS Northings: 214735
OS Grid: SP112147
Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.40W
Mapcode Global: VHB27.27YL
Entry Name: The Old Forge
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303289
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130582
Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington
Built-Up Area: Northleach
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
NORTHLEACH WITH WEST END
EASTINGTON (north side)
8/145 The Old Forge
House at end of row. Late C16, early C17. Roughly coursed
limestone with strap pointing, jettied first floor with two timber
uprights visible, stone slate roof, brick stacks. Rectangular plan
at right-angles to street. Street front dated and initialled 'J.S.
1888', not of special interest. Garage and store at gable end away
from road not of special interest. Main body; 2-storeys. Nine-
metal casements in row with horizontal glazing bars to ground
floor. Wood mullions at intervals between casements. Large finely
dressed stone blocks below window. Moulded stone incorporated in
wall upper left. C20 door with glazing bars right. Two-light C20
metal casement with glazing bars right of door. Spine beam and C17
fireplace with roll-moulded surround.
Listing NGR: SP1123314736
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings