This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.6111 / 50°36'40"N
Longitude: -4.3948 / 4°23'41"W
OS Eastings: 230659
OS Northings: 81783
OS Grid: SX306817
Mapcode National: GBR NJ.BYSX
Mapcode Global: FRA 17PG.7NZ
Entry Name: Stables and Gighouse Immediately North West of Methodist Chapel
Listing Date: 25 February 1991
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303452
English Heritage Legacy ID: 68445
Location: South Petherwin, Cornwall, PL15
Civil Parish: South Petherwin
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: South Petherwin
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SOUTH PETHERWIN SOUTH PETHERWIN
Stables and gighouse
SX38SW immediately north
2/44 west of Methodist
Stables and gighouse to Methodist Chapel (qv). Circa 1876 (date
of Chapel). Coursed slate rubble. Hipped slate roof. Axial
stack with short red brick shaft. Small rectangular plan
building. Single storey. Plank door on right with small unglazed
window either side, all with granite lintels. Open fronted
gighouse to left with later corrugated-iron canopy in front
supported on yard wall. To left of yard wall a doorway and window
onto grave-yard. Opposite stables on east side of yard a small
outbuilding used as lavatories.
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SX3065981783
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings