This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7594 / 51°45'33"N
Longitude: -1.8298 / 1°49'47"W
OS Eastings: 411843
OS Northings: 206755
OS Grid: SP118067
Mapcode National: GBR 4RW.L6Z
Mapcode Global: VHB2M.71HL
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303530
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127278
Location: Bibury, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Bibury
Built-Up Area: Arlington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bibury with Winson
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
BIBURY A433, Bibury Village
11/32 The Vicarage (previously listed
as Cottage opposite and North West
23.1.52 of Malt House and occupied by
Mrs. E. King)
Detached house, now vicarage. Early-mid C19; late C20 addition.
Coursed rubble limestone; ashlar chimneys; stone slate roof.
Two-storey with attic; rear wing at east end. Front: 3-window
fenestration to original part to right. Central doorway with flat
porch hood on brackets, plank door, flanked by 3-light mullioned
casements; 2-light casements to upper floor. Two gabled roof
dormers. Chimneys with plain caps to original gable ends. Further
matching chimney to gable end of west extension; mullioned
fenestration matching original. Rear: wing has casement
fenestration with timber lintels. Interior not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1184106757
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings