This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8284 / 51°49'42"N
Longitude: -1.8332 / 1°49'59"W
OS Eastings: 411590
OS Northings: 214439
OS Grid: SP115144
Mapcode National: GBR 3PR.CBL
Mapcode Global: VHB27.59QN
Entry Name: Manor Cottages
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Last Amended: 25 March 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303564
English Heritage Legacy ID: 130512
Location: Northleach with Eastington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Northleach with Eastington
Built-Up Area: Northleach
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Northleach St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
NORTHLEACH WITH EAST END
EASTINGTON (south side), Northleach
8/75 Manor Cottages (formerly listed as-
cottage occupied by Mrs. I. K.
23.1.52 Banks and the Cottage adjoining
occupied by H. Blackwell)
Semi-detached house, former large town house now in 2 occupations.
Mid C17 and C19. Coursed squared and dressed limestone, ashlar
facade. Stone slate roof C20 stone stacks. Main body rectangular
lobby entrance plan. C19 single storey extensions at rear.
Moulded plinth to main body. Symmetrical, twin-gabled facade. Two
storeys and attic. Two, 3 and 4-light stone-mullioned casements
all with stopped hoods and leaded panes. Central C20 part-glazed
front door within moulded surround with imposts and keystone
decorated with carved face and foliate decoration; stopped hood.
Axial and gable-end stack with moulded cappings. Flat coping at
gable ends moulded at eaves. Roll-cross saddles. Single light and
3-light stone-mullioned casements with horizontal glazing bars at
rear. Former residence of the Parkers, a family that figured
prominently in the town in the C16 and C17. John Parker lies
buried in the south chapel of the church (date 1692). Interior not
Listing NGR: SP1149514488
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings