History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

10 12 14 and 16, Riverside

A Grade II Listed Building in Felton, Northumberland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.2967 / 55°17'47"N

Longitude: -1.711 / 1°42'39"W

OS Eastings: 418448

OS Northings: 600320

OS Grid: NU184003

Mapcode National: GBR J7H6.C3

Mapcode Global: WHC24.P4FB

Entry Name: 10 12 14 and 16, Riverside

Listing Date: 31 December 1969

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1303680

English Heritage Legacy ID: 236785

Location: Felton, Northumberland, NE65

County: Northumberland

Civil Parish: Felton

Built-Up Area: Felton (Northumberland)

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland

Church of England Parish: Felton St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

Find accommodation in
West Thirston

Listing Text

FELTON RIVERSIDE
NU 1800
(North side)
12/116 Nos. 10, 12,
14 and 16
31/12/69
GV II

Terrace of c.1800, said to incorporate older fabric at rear. Squared stone;
rear extension to No. 16 brick in English Garden Wall Bond 1 and 4. Blue
slate roofs to Nos. 10 and 12, purple slates to 14 and 16; ridge stacks
rebuilt in yellow Ashington brick, one old brick stack. 2 storeys, each
house 3 bays and symmetrical. Each house had central doorway under gabled
hood, that to No. 16 on moulded brackets. Nos. 10, 12 and 14 have 2-pane
patterned overlights; No. 10, at right end, has renewed 6-panel door, No. 12
has fielded-panel door, No. 14 vertical-panelled door and No. 16 part-glazed
6-panel door. No. 10 has 12-pane sash windows; Nos. 12 and 14 12-pane sashes
above enlarged windows, No. 12 with C20 casements, No. 14 with paired plain
sashes; No. 16 has late C20 metal-framed casements and similar fenestration
on left return. At centre of terrace, between Nos. 12 and 14, is an arched
passage entrance with a round radial-glazed window above. Roof hipped at
ends; coped gables on moulded kneelers between Nos. 10 and 12 and Nos. 14 and
16; 4 ridge stacks. Rear elevation of No. 16 shows C19 Gothic-arched stair
window with margined coloured glass, old brick and corniced stone stacks on
roof slope and single-storey extension, pent against garden wall, with 12-pane
sash.

Historical Note; No. 16 was built as the presbytery for the Roman Catholic
chapel at Felton Park.


Listing NGR: NU1844800320

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.