This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.959 / 54°57'32"N
Longitude: -1.8537 / 1°51'13"W
OS Eastings: 409465
OS Northings: 562717
OS Grid: NZ094627
Mapcode National: GBR HCH3.G4
Mapcode Global: WHC3M.HMH6
Entry Name: Church of Our Lady and St Cuthbert
Listing Date: 7 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303720
English Heritage Legacy ID: 239489
Location: Prudhoe, Northumberland, NE42
Civil Parish: Prudhoe
Built-Up Area: Prudhoe
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Prudhoe St Mary Magdalene
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 06 SE PRUDHOE HIGHFIELD LANE
18/134 Church of Our Lady and
R.C. Church. 1891 by Dunn, Hanson and Dunn. Ashlar with Lakeland slate roof. Nave,
chancel, north transept, south vestries, south porch and south-west turret 5-bay nave
has 2-light windows with mixed Perpendicular and Flamboyant tracery. Similar tracery
to glazed sides of porch and to large 4-light nave east window. West end (ritual east)
is polygonal apse having shafted 2-light windows with Geometric tracery. Figures of
Christ and Virgin and Child in carved tabernacles beneath west window. Fine carving
also to capitals of window shafts and to 3 niches with shields and foliage in transept
west wall; and many ornamental gargoyles.
Gabled nave roof with steeply ridged coping, and ridge tiles in form of intersecting
Octagonal bell turret with cusped openings, gargoyles and spirelet.
Interior has finely painted chancel roof.
The church was built at Prudhoe Hall but reconstucted at present site in 1904.
Listing NGR: NZ0946562717
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings