History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Farmbuildings at East House Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Ancroft, Northumberland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 55.7132 / 55°42'47"N

Longitude: -1.9513 / 1°57'4"W

OS Eastings: 403157

OS Northings: 646640

OS Grid: NU031466

Mapcode National: GBR G2TC.BT

Mapcode Global: WH9YS.0N2K

Entry Name: Farmbuildings at East House Farm

Listing Date: 22 December 1969

Last Amended: 11 February 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1303750

English Heritage Legacy ID: 237879

Location: Ancroft, Northumberland, TD15

County: Northumberland

Civil Parish: Ancroft

Traditional County: Northumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland

Church of England Parish: Ancroft St Anne

Church of England Diocese: Newcastle

Find accommodation in
Cheswick

Listing Text

ANCROFT CHESWICK
NU 04 NW
7/26 Farmbuildings at
22/12/69 East House Farm
(formerly listed
as barn to east
of East House)

GV II

Farmbuildings. 1808 for G. & R. Turnbull. Remodelled, south range altered
and yard roofed over 1879 for William Crossman. Rubble with dressings.
Welsh slate roofs. West range has pantiled roof. Square plan. West and
north ranges 2 storeys, the rest single-storey. Central high round-arched
carriage entrance with triangular dovecote screen in the gable above. Above
that a shield with WC 1879.

Tall range to left has blacksmith-type window and boarded door on ground
floor. On 1st floor a pitching door with lintel inscribed G & R T 1808.
Right return has 5 stable-type doors and a 5-bay cartshed with segmental
arches. Above this range 3 parallel hipped roofs installed when the yard
was covered in 1879 to form covered cattle pens. The interior of the yard
has good queen-post roofs and original wooden pens and feeding baskets.


Listing NGR: NU0315746640

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.