This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0132 / 52°0'47"N
Longitude: -1.7587 / 1°45'31"W
OS Eastings: 416654
OS Northings: 235006
OS Grid: SP166350
Mapcode National: GBR 4NW.L6D
Mapcode Global: VHB19.GNLJ
Entry Name: Blockley Court Court House and Southview and Short Wall to South West of Court House
Listing Date: 26 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303946
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126912
Location: Blockley, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Blockley
Built-Up Area: Blockley
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Blockley St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1635 6/179 BLOCKLEY STATION ROAD
Court House and
Southview and Short
Wall to South-West of
Formerly Westmacott's Mill. C17 origins, flourished during silk trade of C18 and
early C19. Largely mid C19 rebuilding. Court House and Southview form one of
2 parallel mums of mill buildings. Three storeys to south, 4 storeys to north.
Coursed and squared rubble, slate roofs; Court House is taller with 3 ranges of
glazing bar sashes, Southview 9 ranges of segment-headed casements. Court House has
original wooden box-porch with elliptical head entrance to right. Southview has 2
fire escapes, entered however from north side. Rear door, to basement, of Court House
with traceried fanlight. Now converted into council houses. Vestmacott's was the
largest of Blockley's 12 mills and is still the most impressive group.
Wall about 8 ft high and 7 yds long projects from Court House, to south and west.
Coursed rubble, contains doorway.
Listing NGR: SP1666634998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings