History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Austen Monument in the Churchyard, 1 Metre North West of North Aisle of All Saints Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Tarrant Keyneston, Dorset

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8361 / 50°50'10"N

Longitude: -2.1076 / 2°6'27"W

OS Eastings: 392515

OS Northings: 104071

OS Grid: ST925040

Mapcode National: GBR 312.FZ7

Mapcode Global: FRA 66GW.JQY

Entry Name: Austen Monument in the Churchyard, 1 Metre North West of North Aisle of All Saints Church

Listing Date: 2 September 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304044

English Heritage Legacy ID: 103762

Location: Tarrant Keyneston, North Dorset, Dorset, DT11

County: Dorset

District: North Dorset

Civil Parish: Tarrant Keyneston

Traditional County: Dorset

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset

Church of England Parish: Tarrant Keynston with Tarrant Crawford All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Charlton Marshall

Listing Text

In the entry for:
TARRANT KEYNESTON VILLAGE STREET
ST 90 SW
(north side)
5/41 Austen monument in
the churchyard, 1 m
north west of north
aisle of All Saints
Church
GV II

the description shall be amended to read

Table-tomb, 1865. Limestone with panelled sides and moulded top. Inscriptions to
Elizabeth and the Rev Henry Austen. Formerly surrounded by iron railings. Austen
was a curate at the church at the time of its rebuilding (1852/3) and gave £300
towards the cost; he later become incumbent. The monument commemorates also his
father and son, both incumbents of the parish (before and after him respectively)
(information from sheet in church).

------------------------------------

TARRANT KEYNESTON
ST 90 SW
VILLAGE STREET
(North side)
5/41 Austen monument, in
the churchyard, lm
north west of north
aisle of All Saints
Church
GV II

Table-tomb, 1865. Limestone with panelled sides and moulded top. Inscriptions
to Elizabeth and the Rev. Henry Austen. Formerly surrounded by iron railings.

Listing NGR: ST9251504071

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.