This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6979 / 51°41'52"N
Longitude: -1.9504 / 1°57'1"W
OS Eastings: 403523
OS Northings: 199908
OS Grid: SU035999
Mapcode National: GBR 3R4.KPH
Mapcode Global: VHB2R.4LR7
Entry Name: Roberts House
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304080
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129476
Location: Siddington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Siddington
Built-Up Area: Siddington
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Siddington St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SIDDINGTON SIDDINGTON VILLAGE
SU 09 NW
8/177 Roberts House
Detached house, at one time several separate cottages. Possibly
late C16/early C17 wing to east, with large range added mid/late
C17 by John Roberts, the well known Quaker who died in 1683; much
restored in late C20. Rubble stone, stone slate roof with part of
rear internal angle in plain tiles, brick end stacks to main range.
'L'-plan with 2 gables on east side of older section and main front
to north-east on later addition, 2 storeys and attic. Four
windows, 2-light leaded stone mullion and transoms to first and
ground floors, both with continuous dripmould. Four large gabled
dormers with large moulded wooden pediments and twin leaded
casements. Four small oval lights in rectangular frames to right
hand return. Projecting rear 2-storey stair tower with 2-light
stone mullion and transom to each floor. Older wing to east has
large central gable on north side. Door originally to right of
this wing, now moved to centre with timber lintel remaining to
right. Four-light wood mullion above, and renewed 2-light casement
in attic. Scattered metal casements to east side. C17 lead
rainwater goods brought from elsewhere. Retains part of original
staircase with carved flat balusters.
Interior much altered although sympathetically restored. Very
large chamfered beams with carved stops to ground and first floor
of Roberts' extension.
Listing NGR: SU0352399908
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings