This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5477 / 55°32'51"N
Longitude: -2.0186 / 2°1'7"W
OS Eastings: 398922
OS Northings: 628222
OS Grid: NT989282
Mapcode National: GBR G4B9.R4
Mapcode Global: WH9ZH.YTXF
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Church of St Ninian
Listing Date: 21 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304105
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237682
Location: Wooler, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Wooler
Built-Up Area: Wooler
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Wooler St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 9828 WOOLER BURN ROUSE ROAD
16/106 Roman Catholic Church
21/9/51 of St. Ninian
Roman Catholic Church. 1856 by George Goldie. Snecked stone with Welsh slate
Nave, chancel, south-west tower, south aisle, north chapel and vestry.
Doorway, in tower, has multi-moulded pointed arch. 3-light window over with
gabled hoodmould over blind centre light. Bell stage has paired cusped lancets.
2-storey clasping stair projection with pent roof. Steeply-pitched gabled roof
with quatrefoils in gables.
West end of nave has 2 cusped lancets separated by buttress with niche. Rose
4-bay nave has 2-light traceried windows on north side; similar lower windows
to south aisle and quatrefoil clerestory windows.
2-bay chancel with cusped lancets and 5-light traceried east window. Steeply-
pitched gabled roofs.
Interior: south arcade with double-chamfered pointed arches on octagonal piers.
Stained-glass window in south aisle in memory of George Goldie the architect.
East window by Wailes.
Listing NGR: NT9892228222
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings