History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Glebe Farmhouse with Wash House

A Grade II Listed Building in Little Rissington, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8762 / 51°52'34"N

Longitude: -1.723 / 1°43'22"W

OS Eastings: 419164

OS Northings: 219777

OS Grid: SP191197

Mapcode National: GBR 4QN.967

Mapcode Global: VHBZK.23YH

Entry Name: Glebe Farmhouse with Wash House

Listing Date: 25 August 1960

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304152

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130955

Location: Little Rissington, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Little Rissington

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Little Rissington St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Wyck Rissington

Listing Text

LITTLE RISSINGTON LITTLE RISSINGTON VILLAGE
SP 1819-1919
8/224 Glebe Farmhouse
with wash house
25.8.60
GV II
Farmhouse adjoining the Village Hall (q.v.). Late C17-early C18
with mid C18 cottage extension. Coursed squared and dressed
limestone with dressed stone quoins, stone slate roof at the front
of the main body, concrete tile at rear and to the cottage
extension. Artificial stone stack to main body, ashlar stack to
the cottage, red brick stack to wash house. Rectangular main body
with later cottage extension to the right gable end, wash house
extension at right angles at rear. Main body; two storey, three-
windowed facade. One 2-light stone-mullioned casement ground floor
right, two 2-light casements with wooden mullions imitating stone
left within the blocking of a former double-width doorway with a
large timber lintel. Small blocked single-light window with a
dressed stone surround between the ground and first floors
(possibly to stairs); similar but larger double-chamfered single
light window with a stopped hood above at first floor level. Two-
light double-chamfered stone-mullioned casement with stopped hood
to the left of the latter. Stone-mullioned casements at rear.
Single C19 three-light window upper left. Cottage extension; 1 1/2
storeys. Two-windowed facade: partly blocked 2-light cellar
window with dressed stone surround lower right, 3-light stone-
mullioned window to the first floor above, 3-light wooden
casement with a timber lintel (continuous with that of the door) to
the left. Two 2-light rendered eaves dormers. Late C19-early C20
plank door off-centre left up 4 stone steps. Gable-end stacks.
The ashlar stack retains its moulded capping. Bell for Village
Hall at the left gable end. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP1916519770

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.