This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5864 / 55°35'10"N
Longitude: -2.1062 / 2°6'22"W
OS Eastings: 393402
OS Northings: 632529
OS Grid: NT934325
Mapcode National: GBR F3QV.T8
Mapcode Global: WH9Z8.MV79
Entry Name: Farmbuildings Circa 20 Yards East of Sandy House Farmhouse
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304366
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237638
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
Nt 93 SW EWART LANTON
3/62 Farmbuildings c.20
yards east of Sandy
Farmbuildings. Late C18-early C19. Porphyry rubble with sandstone dressings.
Welsh slate roofs.
4 ranges round farmyard.
West range is single-storey byre with one stable-type door and one boarded door.
North range is single-storey shelter sheds with 2 segmental arches, one now
South range is single-storey cart shed with 3 cast-iron columns and flanking
East range is 2-storey threshing barn with granary over. (Threshing machinery
was originally water-driven). One stable-type door and ½-slatted window over.
Hipped roof. To rear of this range the water race remains and the housing for
the water wheel.
Listing NGR: NT9340232529
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings