This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9163 / 51°54'58"N
Longitude: -2.0427 / 2°2'33"W
OS Eastings: 397159
OS Northings: 224197
OS Grid: SO971241
Mapcode National: GBR 2M0.SGF
Mapcode Global: VHB1Q.J3Z9
Entry Name: The Hayes
Listing Date: 25 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304402
English Heritage Legacy ID: 134437
Location: Prestbury, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52
Civil Parish: Prestbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Prestbury St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 9724 PRESTBURY -
18/34 The Hayes
Large detached house. Early C19 possibly extended mid-late C19.
Archway forming entrance to stableyard dated 1840. Ashlar with
stone slate roof and ashlar stacks. Part of former stableblock
reroofed in concrete tile. Basically rectangular plan with
possibly later extension at rear. Main body linked via wall and
archway to stableblock at rear. Main body; 2 storeys and attic.
Entrance front; 3 bays. Gable to left-hand bay jettied out on
moulded stone corbels at eaves level. Castellated oriel lighting
gable. Stone-mullioned cross windows with stopped hoods to first
floor. Right-hand bay projects forwards slightly with large
rectangular ca-stellated bay window to ground floor. Gabled
projecting porch up a flight of 5 steps to left with moulded Tudor-
arched entrance with heraldic shield above. Part-glazed double
doors within porch. Twin-gabled, 5-bay garden front. Saddleback
gable end coping, moulded kneelers and wooden guttering. Octagonal
stacks. Large castellated 'Tudor'-arched archway dated 1840 to
left of entrance front linking main body to former
stableblock/store via wall pierced with lancet-shaped openings.
Cross-gabled stableblock/store with bellcote and flat coping at
gable end towards house. History; one time residence of the
Baghot-De la Bere family.
Listing NGR: SO9715924197
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings