This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5747 / 55°34'28"N
Longitude: -2.1045 / 2°6'16"W
OS Eastings: 393511
OS Northings: 631230
OS Grid: NT935312
Mapcode National: GBR F3RZ.5G
Mapcode Global: WH9ZG.N42P
Entry Name: Privy Circa 40 Yards North of Coupland Castle
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304429
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237615
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SW EWART COUPLAND
3/39 Privy c.40 yards
north of Coupland Castle
Privy, now kennels. Early C19. Random rubble with tooled-and-margined ashlar
dressings and Welsh slate roof.
A double privy with one boarded door on front and another on gable end.
To rear, two round-headed brick arches for digging out the waste. Interior
has privy seats.
More recently, used as kennels so now has low brick wall in front and iron
railings with hooped tops.
Listing NGR: NT9351131230
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings