History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Beverston, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.6438 / 51°38'37"N

Longitude: -2.2024 / 2°12'8"W

OS Eastings: 386088

OS Northings: 193902

OS Grid: ST860939

Mapcode National: GBR 1NR.VC0

Mapcode Global: VH95B.SY08

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 16 March 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304452

English Heritage Legacy ID: 130354

Location: Beverston, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL8

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Beverston

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Beverston St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Tetbury

Listing Text

BEVERSTON BEVERSTON VILLAGE
ST 8693
13/39 The Old Rectory
II

Former rectory, now private detached house. 1729, built by Thomas
Savage, on site of older house, enlarged in C19. Roughcast with
alternating flush quoins, with coursed and dressed stone 2-storey
bay of C19 to east, hipped stone slate roof, 2 large external
lateral stacks on south side with stone flues and moulded cornice
and large stone ridge stack on north cross wing. Originally H
shape, with large C19 wing on north side, 2 storeys and attic.
East front originally probably main front with central C20 door and
datestone over with initials TS and date 1729. Originally 2/1/2-
windows, 18-pane sashes with thick glazing bars. Bays to left
replaced by C19 canted bay with three large 12-pane sashes to each
floor. West front has mostly original 18-pane sashes but central
bay has 2 replaced windows over C20 doorcase with segmental
pediment in contemporary style. C19 wing to north has 18-pane and
12-pane sashes. Hipped dormers, 3 to east, one to west.
Interior has much original timberwork, including doors, internal
shutters and stick baluster stair, and large chamfered stone
fireplace below ridge stack on ground floor with stone flag floor.


Listing NGR: ST8608893902

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.