This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5745 / 55°34'28"N
Longitude: -2.1039 / 2°6'14"W
OS Eastings: 393544
OS Northings: 631204
OS Grid: NT935312
Mapcode National: GBR F3RZ.9J
Mapcode Global: WH9ZG.N4BW
Entry Name: Wall and Stable Attached to North of Coupland Castle
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304462
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237611
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SW EWART COUPLAND
3/35 Wall and stable
attached to north
of Coupland Castle
Wall and stable. Early C19. Random rubble with ashlar dressings. Scottish
slate roof to stable.
Wall; c.12 ft. high has battlements on rounded corbels. Tudor-arched carriage
entry. Blind, cruciform imitation arrow slits.
Stable; L-plan. 2 storeys, 3 bays. On ground floor a blank cruciform panel;
with 12-pane sash in moulded surround on 1st floor. Battlemented parapet on
corbels. Hipped roof. Two 1/2-slatted windows on right return and boarded door
to rear in raised surround; also outside stone steps to groom's room over.
Listing NGR: NT9354431204
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings