This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8472 / 52°50'49"N
Longitude: 1.0156 / 1°0'56"E
OS Eastings: 603168
OS Northings: 332000
OS Grid: TG031320
Mapcode National: GBR S8P.KL4
Mapcode Global: WHLR6.KPTN
Entry Name: Melton Constable Hall Stable Court West and North Wings
Listing Date: 6 March 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304482
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223982
Location: Melton Constable, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Melton Constable
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Melton Constable St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
In the entry for:
TG 03 SW MELTON CONSTABLE HALL
3/71 Stable court west and
In the descriptive notes the words "Stable Court. 1810." shall be amended to read:
"Stable Court. Late C17 and 1810.".
The following sentence shall be ridded to the descriptive notes: "The north wall
of the north wing, and the east gable wall of the same range, have rusticated
openings which make it likely that these walls are re-used from the barn visible
in Kip and Knyff's aerial perspective of Melton Constable."
TG 03 SW MELTON CONSTABLE MELTON CONSTABLE HALL
3/71 Stable court west and
Stable Court. 1810. Red brick, gault brick, cement render, slated and copper
roofed. 7 bay west front with central entrance arch with cupola. Single
storey with attics. Entrance arch with boarded double doors of 6 panels each.
Red brick piers, stone imposts and keystone; cemented typanum. Stone platband
above with 2 oculus windows with 4 stone keystones each. Deep wooden eaves
cornice with hipped roof supporting central cupola of wood with copper
flushings. Plinth section of cupola with 2 clocks and 2 sun-dials under
segmental and triangular headed pediments, arched bellcote with 4 arched sides
with copper roof with weather vane. 3 bay wings either side with brick piers
and arches, filled with cement rendered walls with C20 sashes; brick modillion
cornice with 2 segmental and one triangular headed dormer sashes either side.
Rear with cast iron columns supporting first floor. To north cemented wing,
forming inside the stable court the west and returned north wing of gault
brick with slated roofs. Sash windows and panelled stable and carriage doors.
Further single storey red brick courtyard to north, with brick pier with urn
gate pier with urns entrance at north east.
Listing NGR: TG0316832000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings