This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.8779 / 52°52'40"N
Longitude: 1.0682 / 1°4'5"E
OS Eastings: 606561
OS Northings: 335569
OS Grid: TG065355
Mapcode National: GBR T9Q.DXF
Mapcode Global: WHLR1.CXWL
Entry Name: House and Attached Cow Shed C20m North of Hunworth Hall
Listing Date: 20 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304541
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224108
Location: Stody, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR24
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Stody
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Hunworth
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 03 NE
2/95 House and attached
cow shed c20m
north of Hunworth
House, converted to lofted open shed, now house. Dated 1700. Flint and
brick, pantiles. 2 storeys. South-east gable of flint with decorative brick
work of hearts and lozenges; date and initials 1700 for Edmund (d.1726)
and Rebecca (d.1716) Britiffe, gable raised from one storey, apex in brick.
South-west front to yard: cart shed on ground floor with wooden posts for
3 openings, now glazed; 3 large C20 casements with glazing bars to upper
floor. Brick bay to left, flint and brick bay to right with large ground
floor door under segmental arch. North-west gable of coursed flint, upper
part rendered. Rear of brick with dentil cornice; many blocked windows
and door openings. Attached cow shed to north-west: late C19. Front wall
to yard in flint with brick dressings, wall to rear of brick in English
garden wall bond. Pantile roof with raised ridge piece for ventilation.
Interior: has original fittings, partitions, brick sett floor, central drain.
Part of front wall forms yard wall to stock shed (qv 2/94).
Listing NGR: TG0656135569
Other nearby listed buildings