History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

18 and 19, the Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Matlask, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8684 / 52°52'6"N

Longitude: 1.1932 / 1°11'35"E

OS Eastings: 615023

OS Northings: 334880

OS Grid: TG150348

Mapcode National: GBR VCD.2J8

Mapcode Global: WHLR9.95GB

Entry Name: 18 and 19, the Street

Listing Date: 20 February 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304554

English Heritage Legacy ID: 224094

Location: Matlask, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Matlask

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Matlaske St Peter

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Plumstead

Listing Text

MATLASKE THE STREET,
TG 13 SE
(North side)
8/75 Nos. 18 and 19
II
Two attached cottages C17 and C18; 2 higher bays to right, 3 lower bays
to left. Right hand side 2 bays: galletted knapped flint with brick
dressings under black glazed pantiles; dogs tooth cornice and remains of
former castellated brick cornice. 2 storeys and attic. Two cross casements
to each floor with glazing bars; right end internal stack with 2 fat
octagonal brick shafts on chamfered square plinths. Right hand gable windows
all with square brick hood moulds; 2 blocked to ground floor; one blocked
and one with brick mullion to first floor; one blocked, one with wood mullion
to attic. Rear outshut in brick with pantiles. Stair turret in flint with
large blocked side window under square brick hood mould. Left hand side
bays: 2 storeys and attic; ground floor flint, upper floor rendered, black
unglazed pantiles; 3 casements to each floor, 2 roof dormers, 2 doors to
ground floor. Left hand gable of coursed flint and brick, upper part
rebuilt. Single storey brick extension on flint plinth to rear dated 1868
ITM (John Thomas Mott) on plaque. Octagonal chimney shaft of 1868 at gable
end of extension.


Listing NGR: TG1502334880

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.