History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Lodge

A Grade II Listed Building in Great Witcombe, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8276 / 51°49'39"N

Longitude: -2.1111 / 2°6'39"W

OS Eastings: 392440

OS Northings: 214338

OS Grid: SO924143

Mapcode National: GBR 2N2.736

Mapcode Global: VH94M.CB99

Entry Name: The Lodge

Listing Date: 22 October 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304609

English Heritage Legacy ID: 135029

Location: Great Witcombe, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL4

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury

Civil Parish: Cowley

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Brimpsfield St Michael

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Little Witcombe

Listing Text

COWLEY BIRDLIP VILLAGE
SO 9214 (west end)

9/78 The Lodge

II

Lodge to the Witcombe Park Estate. Built 1845, designed by
Richard Pace of Lechlade (q.v., The School House, Witcombe
Village), extended late C19. C20 extensions not of special
interest. Coursed squared and dressed limestone with quoins in
slight relief; banded red and grey tile roofing; brick stack.
Rectangular plan with a projecting porch to the north gable end.
Rectangular plan. Two storeys. North gable end, two lancet
windows with stopped hoods flanking a projecting gabled porch, two
similar windows above. Four-centred arched doorway, now blocked
at the front of the porch with a moulded hood with plain shield
stops. Hick's family heraldic shield to the gable. Pierced and
cusped barge boarding. Two 2-light stone-mullioned casements with
pointed-headed lights to the first floor of the east facing gable
facing the main road. Hick's family heraldic shield to the gable.
Lancet and paired lancet to the west front. Plank door with
fillets within a 4-centred arched surround: towards the south-
facing gable end of the original building. All windows have
diamond-leaded panes and carved spandrels. Single axial stack.
Interior not inspected.


Listing NGR: SO9244014338

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.