This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.6677 / 50°40'3"N
Longitude: -2.2641 / 2°15'50"W
OS Eastings: 381434
OS Northings: 85369
OS Grid: SY814853
Mapcode National: GBR 10B.4DC
Mapcode Global: FRA 6749.XDX
Entry Name: The Old Barn
Listing Date: 20 November 1959
Last Amended: 2 October 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304636
English Heritage Legacy ID: 108802
Location: Winfrith Newburgh, Purbeck, Dorset, DT2
Civil Parish: Winfrith Newburgh
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: The Lulworths, Winfrith Newburgh and Chaldon
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
4/350 WINFRITH NEWBURGH EAST KNIGHTON LANE,
20.11.59 (West Side)
The Old Barn.
(Formerly listed as
Barn at King's Barton
Farm, situated 30
yards West of House)
Probably C18 origin, now converted to house. Walls part brick and flint, part
plastered, tiled roof, brick stack. Single storey. Timbered lean-to porch with
tiled roof and modern door. Old cart entrance infilled, with modern bow window.
Three modern casement windows with glazing bars. Still listable for group value.
Former farm building, now used as garage. Walls part brick and stone, part rebuilt
in concrete block. Pantiled roof.
Listing NGR: SY8143485369
Other nearby listed buildings