This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9068 / 52°54'24"N
Longitude: 1.0653 / 1°3'55"E
OS Eastings: 606234
OS Northings: 338772
OS Grid: TG062387
Mapcode National: GBR T9B.L6H
Mapcode Global: WHLR1.B6JF
Entry Name: Glavenside
Listing Date: 30 September 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304859
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224635
Location: Letheringsett with Glandford, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR25
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Letheringsett with Glandford
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Letheringsett St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 03 NE LETHERINGSETT WITH THE STREET
House, former miller's house, c1800, additions of 1902 by E. Boardman,
rendered and colourwashed, low pitch hipped slate roof with wide eaves.
Principal facade to south: 3 wide bays with additions and wings to rear.
2 storeys. Sashes with glazing bars, wide canted bay window with flat lead
roof of 1902 to ground floor left; wide skylight to front. Wide central door-
way, double leaved part glazed door flanked each side by a slender fluted
column and pilaster under narrow reeded entablature, wide segmental fanlight
with 2 glazing bars. Wooden loggia of 1902 to left of return, a 2 storeyed
square addition behind, rendered with pantiled hipped roof, tripartite French
window to ground floor facing west, tripartite casement with transoms and
glazing bars to first floor above. Right return has sash to first floor,
double leaved French window with margin lights to ground floor; lower 2
storeyed wing to right in pale brown brick, 3 bays, sashes with glazing bars,
glazed door with side lights to first bay; C20 brick extension beyond.
Continuous 2-storey outshut to rear between right wing and left addition;
single storey extension to north west of no special interest. Interior: steep
curved cantilevered stair with mahogany wreathed handrail.
Listing NGR: TG0623438772
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings