History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Manor Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Sapperton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7234 / 51°43'24"N

Longitude: -2.1203 / 2°7'13"W

OS Eastings: 391785

OS Northings: 202746

OS Grid: SO917027

Mapcode National: GBR 1MW.YKJ

Mapcode Global: VH950.6YF7

Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1304965

English Heritage Legacy ID: 128358

Location: Sapperton, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL6

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Sapperton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Sapperton St Kenelm

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Chalford

Listing Text

SO 90 SW SAPPERTON FRAMPTON MANSELL


1/82 Manor Farmhouse
4.6.52

II


House. Early C18 front on C17 house with small late C16 wing to
rear. Rubble stone with main front in coursed tooled stone with
long and short flush quoins, Cotswold stone-slate roof with 3 large
stone stacks with moulded cornices and twin flues, and moulded
eaves cornice with pulvinated bedmould. L-plan main range added
to lower C16 wing to rear on right. 2 storeys and attic with 3
gabled dormers with twin leaded casements. 5 windows, moulded
mullions and transoms with continuous dripmould over. Ground
floor has 4 similar windows and central doorway with small 2-light
window over and moulded stone jambs. Continuous dripmould on
ground floor, raised in centre over door. Left hand return has 2
ground floor 12-pane sashes with keystones and moulded architraves.
Inner face of C16 wing has small gable with blocked columbarium.
Opposite wall also has blocked columbarium on Ist floor. Small
attached barn-cum-cottage to rear of oldest part in rubble stone
with Cotswold stone-slate roof. Formerly known as Manor House.


Listing NGR: SO9178502746

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.