History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Laverton House

A Grade II Listed Building in Fairford, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7079 / 51°42'28"N

Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W

OS Eastings: 415229

OS Northings: 201040

OS Grid: SP152010

Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SMX

Mapcode Global: VHB2V.2BTK

Entry Name: Laverton House

Listing Date: 4 June 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1305042

English Heritage Legacy ID: 129747

Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7

County: Gloucestershire

District: Cotswold

Civil Parish: Fairford

Built-Up Area: Fairford

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Fairford

Listing Text

SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD MARKET PLACE
(east side)

13/190 Laverton House

4.6.52

GV II

Large house in row. Originally probably late C17, raised and
extended in C18. Rubble stone base with random coursed rubble
above and to right, 2 flush quoins remain to mark original end
wall, alternating flush quoins to right hand corner. Stone slate
roof, originally end stacks with right hand one now a ridge stack
raised in brick, and smaller stone end stack to far right with
offset and moulded cornice. Single front range with small lower
rear wing, and additional C20 extensions not of special interest, 3
storeys. Five windows, paired small casements to second floor, 4-
pane sashes to first floor, with line of original wall plate
evident above four to left and window openings having probably been
lowered. Ground floor has several blocked openings, throughway to
left, 2 large canted bays probably of early C19 with plate glass
sashes and large wide stone portico between with 2 columns, flat
hood with plain frieze and moulded cornice, 6-panel door with top 4
glazed, lower 2 bolection moulded, and side lights. Stone flag
floor to hall inside and fine baluster stair.

Listing NGR: SP1522901040

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.