This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7075 / 51°42'27"N
Longitude: -1.781 / 1°46'51"W
OS Eastings: 415226
OS Northings: 200998
OS Grid: SP152009
Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SN1
Mapcode Global: VHB2V.2BSV
Entry Name: 2, Market Place
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Last Amended: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305070
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129743
Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Fairford
Built-Up Area: Fairford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13/04/2016
SP 1401-1501 and SP 1400-1500
13/186 and 14/186
MARKET PLACE (east side)
(Formerly listed as No.2 (M.A. Barnes, Electrical), previously listed as part of Premises occupied by H.C. Edmonds)
House in row with ground floor shop. Probably mid C18. Rendered front with parapet wall and plat band matching line of No 1 (q.v.), stone slate roof with corrugated asbestos to rear, rendered ridge stack raised in brick. Single small range, 2 storeys. First floor has 3 small C20 single lights, and C20 shop front below moulded stone cornice.
Listing NGR: SP1522600998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings