This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0511 / 52°3'3"N
Longitude: -1.7796 / 1°46'46"W
OS Eastings: 415212
OS Northings: 239210
OS Grid: SP152392
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.6XF
Mapcode Global: VHB13.3QK0
Entry Name: Dovers House
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Last Amended: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305077
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126207
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 HIGH STREET
Dovers House (formerly
listed as Dovers Court)
SP 1539 SW 9/151 25.8.60
Circa 1720-30. Good early Georgian town house. Two and a half storeys, ashlar
with band over ground floor and quoins. Cornice and parapet with moulded coping,
ramped up to sides. Tiled roof with corniced end chimneys and 2 gabled dormers,
casements. Five windows grouped 2-1-2, glazing bar sashes with keystones, moulded
with cornice on first floor. Central 6-panel door with bracketted stone hood.
Venetian windows to garden front. Most rooms have contemporary cornices and
panelling with dadoes. F L Griggs (1876-38) lived here.
Listing NGR: SP1521239207
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings