This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8644 / 52°51'51"N
Longitude: 1.2482 / 1°14'53"E
OS Eastings: 618741
OS Northings: 334604
OS Grid: TG187346
Mapcode National: GBR VCG.JD6
Mapcode Global: WHMSG.48ND
Entry Name: Manor Farm House
Listing Date: 26 February 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305324
English Heritage Legacy ID: 224462
Location: Aldborough, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Aldborough & Thurgarton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Aldborough and Thurgarton
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 13 SE ALDBOROUGH THURGARTON
5/14 Manor Farm House
House. Dated 1638. Flint, brick, brick dressings; pantile roof. Flint
plinth. Rectangular on plan. Front of 4 bays, 2 storeys. C20 door to
second bay. Leaded casements of 1983/4 to ground floor in earlier openings
with brick reveals under hood moulds. Leaded mullions of 1983/4 to upper
storey also with brick reveals under hood moulds. To extreme left of front
to ground and first floor blocked single light opening with ovolo moulded
brick surround with remains of rendering; chamfered reveals rendered in
imitation of ashlar. Also blocked 2 light opening to left of door with ovolo
moulded mullion. Alternating brick diamond and heart pattern set into flint
between floors. Brick quoins between third and later fourth bay; fourth
bay brick dentil eaves cornice. 2 internal gable stacks, one axial stack.
Left hand gable in English bond. 2 blocked attic windows, reveals rendered
in imitation of ashlar. Outshut to fourth bay at rear. Outshut to right
hand gable wall. Interior. Ovolo moulding to spine beam and cross beam
in downstairs room. Brick fireplace with shallow arched head to upper room.
Wooden lintel of door, now moved to cupboard, with 1638 carved on it.
Listing NGR: TG1874134604
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings