This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.8039 / 52°48'13"N
Longitude: 0.7713 / 0°46'16"E
OS Eastings: 586908
OS Northings: 326523
OS Grid: TF869265
Mapcode National: GBR R7M.9T9
Mapcode Global: WHKQ4.TSGC
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 6 March 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305355
English Heritage Legacy ID: 223846
Location: Helhoughton, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR21
District: North Norfolk
Civil Parish: Helhoughton
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Helhoughton All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TF 82 NE HELHOUGHTON THE STREET
6/3/59 Church of All Saints.
Parish Church. Perpendicular west tower, nave largely rebuilt late C18,
Decorated chancel. Flint with stone and some brick dressings, slated roofs,
leaded tower roof. West tower cut down at belfry-stage. Perpendicular west
door with double hollow chamfered four-centred arch with fleurons and ball-
flowers. Six panel Gothickheaded doors of c.1790. Simple rectangular belfry-
opening. 3 bay nave, all details of c.1790. 3 south and 2 north 3-light
windows with switch tracery, stone quoins, brick arches, wooden tracery and
leaded lights. Brick modillion cornice frieze. Early C14 2 bay chancel, blank
to north, 2 Decorated 2-light cusped windows with priest's door in between to
south. 3-light Decorated east window under brick arch with drip moulds; tracery
suggests C17 or C18 re-arrangement. Interior with Perpendicular tower arch,
treble hollow chamfered to west, double to east. Simple segmental nave plaster
ceiling c.1790. Chancel arch c.1790 with wooden capitals. Stone font, base
with 5 attached shafts, chamfered corners with rounded spurs, octagonal bowl.
Chancel with trefoil headed piscina and early C19 arched braced roof. Brass
with heart in hands, C15. Early C17 Stuart Royal Arms, but with A( nna)
R(egina) monogram and date 1705 added.
Listing NGR: TF8690826523
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings