This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0522 / 52°3'8"N
Longitude: -1.7757 / 1°46'32"W
OS Eastings: 415478
OS Northings: 239341
OS Grid: SP154393
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7X0
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5PM3
Entry Name: Old Campden House (Remains)
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305421
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126116
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
Old Campden House
SP 1539 SW 9/67 25.8.60
1612, destroyed 1645. Important fragment of Sir Baptist Hick's magnificent Flemish-
baroque mansion. Fine quality ashlar. Part of one wall, from the west side of the
south front, ground floor, basement and part of a first floor.
Includes part of an arched door with strapwork spandrels, 2 mullion and transomed
windows and a square bay of slight projection
Listing NGR: SP1547839340
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings