This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0513 / 52°3'4"N
Longitude: -1.7768 / 1°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 415403
OS Northings: 239238
OS Grid: SP154392
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7ML
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5P1T
Entry Name: Inner Gateway to Old Campden House
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305425
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126118
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
Inner gateway to
Old Campden House
SP 1539 SW 9/69
Early C17. Probably part of Baptist Hicks' Campden House layout. Reset in present
position after 1645. Coursed and squared ashlar rubble with weathered coping.
Segmental arch with keystone, on imposts. Spandrels to north have decorative motifs.
Hinge pins to south (not to north as should be expected probably indicating that it
was reset with spandrel decoration facing Court House).
Listing NGR: SP1540339238
Other nearby listed buildings