This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0523 / 52°3'8"N
Longitude: -1.7769 / 1°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 415398
OS Northings: 239342
OS Grid: SP153393
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7L4
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5P03
Entry Name: Boundary Walls from South Lodge to Court House
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305444
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126111
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
Boundary walls from
South Lodge to
SP 1539 SW 9/62
Early C17, part of Sir Baptist Hicks' layout, and C18. Squared ashlar rubble with
moulded and weathered coping, except for 20 yd sketch with plain coping to south
of carriage splash(qv). Interrupted by barn complex north of Almonny (qv).
Segmental drain-arch to left of double door entry (left) to yard south of barn
complex. Ramped up to barn and to South Lodge (twice), over blocked Tudor-arched
doorway. About 7-8 ft high. Lower quadrant and blocked gateway at junction with
Very important element in grouping of Church, Almshouses and Lodge-gates.
Continued as south wall of churchyard (qv).
Listing NGR: SP1542539364
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings