History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Service Wing to East of Hall

A Grade II* Listed Building in Felbrigg, Norfolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9073 / 52°54'26"N

Longitude: 1.26 / 1°15'35"E

OS Eastings: 619316

OS Northings: 339405

OS Grid: TG193394

Mapcode National: GBR VBX.MCS

Mapcode Global: WHMS8.B671

Entry Name: Service Wing to East of Hall

Listing Date: 28 January 1988

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1305519

English Heritage Legacy ID: 223263

Location: Felbrigg, North Norfolk, Norfolk, NR11

County: Norfolk

District: North Norfolk

Civil Parish: Felbrigg

Traditional County: Norfolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk

Church of England Parish: Felbrigg St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: Norwich

Find accommodation in
Felbrigg

Listing Text

FELBRIGG FELBRIGG PARK
TG 13 NE
5/24 Service Wing to East
of Hall
G.V. II*
Former Estate offices, part now used as shop by National Trust. Circa 1750
by James Paine, remodelled and enlarged by W.J. Donthorn in 1825. Brick
partly rendered with Roman cement. Rectangular range fronted by long passage
and flanked by projecting wings. Symmetrical facade of 7 bays, a flat-roofed
corridor added or remodelled by Donthorn in 1825. The bays separated by
pilasters, the first, third, fifth and seventh bays having 4-light windows
with Y-tracery glazing bars and transom under 4-centred arch. Similarly
glazed double-leaved door to centre bay. Second and sixth bays blank. Low
brick parapet. Set back behind this is Paine's 2 storey range with rendered
central 3-bays under pediment. 2-light leaded casements. Cupola over with
clock to south face, lead roof and weather vane. Left hand 2 bays brick with
similar casements. To right a rendered screen wall. Flanking these 7 bays
are single bay gabled wings added in 1825 with 4-light windows having Y-
tracery glazing bars and 2 transoms. Parapet. Shaped gable. To the rear
is a courtyard, the west range of 2 storeys having sash windows with glazing
bars. To the north a 2 storey range with C20 fenestration. The eastern wing
is made up of a single storey and an outbuilding item No. 5/23 (q.v).


Listing NGR: TG1931039400

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.