This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0523 / 52°3'8"N
Longitude: -1.7771 / 1°46'37"W
OS Eastings: 415380
OS Northings: 239346
OS Grid: SP153393
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7K1
Mapcode Global: VHB13.4PW2
Entry Name: Wall, Raised Pavement and Conduit in Front of Almshouses
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305520
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126099
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
Wall, raised pavement
and conduit in front
SP 1539 SW 9/46
Early C17, part of Sir Baptist Hick's layout, altered early C19. Low 3 ft ashlar
wall fronting Campden Almshouses; angled capping, steps up at south end. Five-
six foot butressed retaining wall to road. Central conduit head formerly fed by
the Conduit House (qv Conduit Hill), panel containing shell niche with disused tap
and circular cast-iron spigotted basin dated 1818. York stone paving.
Listing NGR: SP1540139369
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings