This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.051 / 52°3'3"N
Longitude: -1.7779 / 1°46'40"W
OS Eastings: 415326
OS Northings: 239206
OS Grid: SP153392
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7BX
Mapcode Global: VHB13.4QG1
Entry Name: Boundary Walls of Bedfont House Including Grotto in South-East Corner
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305543
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126092
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CALF'S LANE
Boundary walls of
Bedfont House including
grotto in south-east
SP 1539 SW 9/42
Partly early C18 and mostly C19. The C18 part is at the north end facing Calf's
Lane: rubble with chamfered coping. Segment-headed doorway opposite south wing
of the Court House. About 7-11 ft high, stepped down at one point, and about
30 plus 12 yds long.
The C19 continuation is stepped and ramped down from the above and forms a high
rubble retaining wall about 70 yds long to an immense (and now overgrown) rockery
made from gigantic rocks. At the south-east corner a wild-looking grotto of 2
chambers formed of this material.
Wall retained at south end in rubble and at north end in coursed rubble about 25 yds
long and 10 ft high with corner ball finials and with a brick lining to south.
Listing NGR: SP1533239212
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings