This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0396 / 52°2'22"N
Longitude: -1.7708 / 1°46'14"W
OS Eastings: 415819
OS Northings: 237939
OS Grid: SP158379
Mapcode National: GBR 4NN.33T
Mapcode Global: VHB13.8Z6S
Entry Name: Friends' Meeting House
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305622
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126065
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Broad Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 BROAD CAMPDEN
Friends' Meeting House
SP 13 NE 8/18
Converted cottage, probably C17. Coursed Q squared rubble. Cotswold stone tile
roof. Two 4 light windows with drips to both fronts. Door to south (through
passage) with arched surround on imposts. Interior altered but retains panelled
dado, dais and gallery frontal (now built into end partition wall) of mid C18
type. Historical interest. This is probably the cottage referred to as "The Quakers'
Meeting House" in a deed of 1757. It later became a Baptist Chapel, then a cottage,
but is again a Friends' Meeting House.
Listing NGR: SP1581937939
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings