This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7368 / 51°44'12"N
Longitude: -2.2732 / 2°16'23"W
OS Eastings: 381230
OS Northings: 204268
OS Grid: SO812042
Mapcode National: GBR 0LC.23N
Mapcode Global: VH94X.KL3X
Entry Name: Ancillary Buildings at Stanley Mills to East of Main Building
Listing Date: 24 November 1976
Last Amended: 24 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305674
English Heritage Legacy ID: 131899
Location: King's Stanley, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL10
Civil Parish: King's Stanley
Built-Up Area: Stroud
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Kings Stanley
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO 8104 KING'S STANLEY RYEFORD
10/25 Ancillary buildings at Stanley
Mills to east of main building
24.11.76 (previously listed with gatelodge)
Storage and ancillary buildings. Dated 1815, for Harris and
Maclean. Flemish bond red brick; ashlar limestone dressings;
Welsh slate roof. Two-storey range: long range with return to
west at south end. West side: 10-window fenestration, all
segmental-arched casements; various doorways, some with timber
stairs to upper floor. Ashlar plinth swept down at north end
matching that on Stanley Lodge (q.v.); plain ashlar band at upper
floor level; chamfered alternating quoins; hipped roof. Doorway
towards north end has date 1815 below gauged brick flat arch;
double doors. Square brick ridge-mounted chimney at north end.
North end: upper floor Venetian window with gauged brick arch;
multi-paned sashes. East side: 14 well-spaced upper floor small-
paned casements with gauged brick flat arches. Continuous upper
floor plain band and stepped plinth. Occasional doorway with
gauged brick arch. Returns at south end with block running between
River Frome and main mill building (q.v.). Interior not inspected.
Screens yard to north of main mill building and forms part of
grouping with Stanley Lodge at entrance to site.
Listing NGR: SO8123004268
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings