This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8847 / 51°53'5"N
Longitude: -1.756 / 1°45'21"W
OS Eastings: 416887
OS Northings: 220714
OS Grid: SP168207
Mapcode National: GBR 4QF.T03
Mapcode Global: VHB1W.JW0J
Entry Name: The Manor
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305757
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126514
Location: Bourton-on-the-Water, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL54
Civil Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water
Built-Up Area: Bourton-on-the-Water
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Bourton-on-the-Water with Clapton St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 STATION ROAD
SP 1620 NE 3/105 25.8.60
Cl7, much restored. Cotswold manor house of traditional style. Coursed rubble
with Cotswold stone roofs. Three storeys, 4 gabled front, 3 and 4 light stone
mullioned casements, with transom on ground and 1st floors; drip moulds over,
forming a continuous string on the 1st floor. Plain 4 centred doorway with modern
door. Coped gables with ball finials, ashlar stacks. The garden front was altered
in 1769 (dated on rainwater heads) and has sash windows with glazing bars.
Originally Bourton Manor, it has been called The Manor since circa 1900.
Rainwater heads mostly dated 1921 (date of C20 restoration).
South bay interior: early-to-mid C18 replica panelling and marble fireplace.
Listing NGR: SP1688720714
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings