This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6292 / 51°37'45"N
Longitude: 0.4214 / 0°25'17"E
OS Eastings: 567689
OS Northings: 195043
OS Grid: TQ676950
Mapcode National: GBR NK9.Z6M
Mapcode Global: VHJKM.894W
Entry Name: St Andrews Hospital (Those Parts Formerly the Billericay Union Workhouse
Listing Date: 6 January 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305881
English Heritage Legacy ID: 112379
Location: Billericay, Basildon, Essex, CM11
Civil Parish: Billericay
Built-Up Area: Billericay
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Billericay and Little Burstead
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5209 NORSEY ROAD
St Andrews Hospital (those
parts formerly the Billericay
TQ 69 NE 1/136
Formerly the Billericay Union Workhouse. Designed by G.G. Scott in 1840
in the Tudor style. The original layout comprised blocks of 1 and 2 storeys
built on an H shaped plan with a central block extending at the rear.
A C20 hospital block now occupies the forecourt. The buildings are of
red brick with yellow brick quoins, window and door dressings end black
brick diapering. 6 shallow gabled wings project on the front of the main
block. Those at the north-west and south-east ends are extended by single
storey wings. The windows generally are mullioned and transomed casements
with heavy lattice lights and each window range rises to a diapered gable.
Roofs tiled, with square and diagonally shafted chimney stacks.
Listing NGR: TQ6768995043
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings