This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.2713 / 50°16'16"N
Longitude: -3.7892 / 3°47'20"W
OS Eastings: 272595
OS Northings: 42787
OS Grid: SX725427
Mapcode National: GBR QG.5J8Z
Mapcode Global: FRA 28Y9.X71
Entry Name: Former Granary Immediately to the North of Easton Farmhouse
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305997
English Heritage Legacy ID: 100881
Location: West Alvington, South Hams, Devon, TQ7
District: South Hams
Civil Parish: West Alvington
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: West Alvington All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 74 SW
Former granary immediately to the north of Easton Farmhouse
Farm building, possibly granary, now accommodation. Dated 1790. Wall of coursed dressed slatestone, very finely jointed. Slate half-hipped roof. Recently inserted stone axial chimney stack.
Plan: altered by recent conversion but probably consisted of single room on each floor. C19 lean-to added against left-hand end.
Exterior: three storeys. Entrance front simply has central doorway with late C20 part-glazed door. Symmetrical three window rear elevation and two window to right-hand side wall, all late C20 2-light casements but in original openings with voussoir arches over. Projecting stone string between lower and middle storeys. Coved stone eaves cornice. Date stone on right-hand end wall.
Interior: has some ovolo-moulded wooden lintels to windows, presumably re-used from the farmhouse. Tie beam roof construction using substantial hardwood timbers, may be original.
Listing NGR: SX7259542787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings