This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7108 / 50°42'39"N
Longitude: -3.0031 / 3°0'11"W
OS Eastings: 329271
OS Northings: 90614
OS Grid: SY292906
Mapcode National: GBR PG.NQS3
Mapcode Global: FRA 47L6.HVC
Entry Name: Smithy Immediately North of Former Home Farm, North West of All Hallows School
Listing Date: 2 September 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306030
English Heritage Legacy ID: 87938
Location: Combpyne Rousdon, East Devon, Devon, DT7
District: East Devon
Civil Parish: Combpyne Rousdon
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Combpyne with Rousdon
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 29 SE COMBPYNE ROUSDON ROUSDON
2.9.83 Smithy immediately north
of former Home Farm,
north-west of All Hallows
Blacksmith's workshop. Circa 1880 by Sir Ernest George and T Vaughan. Small square
two storey building of stone with tile hung first floor and band of leaded pane
windows under the eaves of a pyramidal tile roof with wrought iron finial.
Including adjoining outbuilidng to east with half hipped tiled roof. The two
buildings are linked by a short section of stone wall.
The smithy is the only remaining unaltered part of the former Home Farm buildings
which are situated immediately to the south.
Listing NGR: SY2927190614
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings