This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8817 / 50°52'54"N
Longitude: -3.3513 / 3°21'4"W
OS Eastings: 305036
OS Northings: 110002
OS Grid: ST050100
Mapcode National: GBR LP.SQV8
Mapcode Global: FRA 36WR.S8Y
Entry Name: Former Stable Block 100 Metres West of Bradfield House
Listing Date: 15 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306231
English Heritage Legacy ID: 95778
Location: Uffculme, Mid Devon, Devon, EX15
District: Mid Devon
Civil Parish: Uffculme
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Uffculme St Mary Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/02/2015
ST OO NE
Former stable block 100 metres west of Bradfield House
(Formerly listed as Former stable block 100 metres west of Bradfield Park)
Former stable block, now accommodation. 1871, probably by John Hayward. Random
rubble limestone, gable end slate roof. L-shaped range (originally part of a courtyard now otherwise substantially altered); the short limb of the range is a tower with Rhenish cap, the stone clock face dated 1871; coping corbelled; external stack to right-hand side. 2-light 1st floor window. Carriage entrance blocked with 2-light stone window inserted. The longer limb is now a single storey range of accommodation, originally containing horse boxes and tack room. 2 half dormers, one with heavy stone coping, the other with overhanging bargeboarded gables, the windows of 2 lights, and serving former grooms' quarters. 2 doors, one set in a re-used vehicle entrance.
Listing NGR: ST0503601002
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings