This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7282 / 50°43'41"N
Longitude: -3.5574 / 3°33'26"W
OS Eastings: 290173
OS Northings: 93217
OS Grid: SX901932
Mapcode National: GBR P0.3QR8
Mapcode Global: FRA 37F5.3WM
Entry Name: Cleve House
Listing Date: 29 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306243
English Heritage Legacy ID: 89058
Location: Exeter, Devon, EX4
Electoral Ward/Division: Exwick
Built-Up Area: Exeter
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Exwick St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SX 9093 11/532 29.1.53
Acquired by the Northmores circa 1690. Structure and interior fittings mostly
of this date, or perhaps a little earlier, when the property belonged to Robert
Gubbs. L-shaped house with front of main wing apparently stuccoed and altered
late C18. This front is 2 storey, 7 window, with central Venetian window to 1st
floor and fine Tuscan porch below. Doors have side lights and fanlight with gothic
glazing bars. Subsidiary wing with bell cupola has been well modernised recently.
Interior: staircase, panelling, one ground floor ceiling, probably late C17. Other
fittings late C18.
Listing NGR: SX9017393217
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings