This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7835 / 51°47'0"N
Longitude: 0.1457 / 0°8'44"E
OS Eastings: 548108
OS Northings: 211607
OS Grid: TL481116
Mapcode National: GBR LDK.1PM
Mapcode Global: VHHM7.GFXL
Entry Name: Almshouses
Listing Date: 5 February 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306358
English Heritage Legacy ID: 119570
Location: Harlow, Essex, CM17
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Harlow
Built-Up Area: Harlow
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Harlow St Mary and St Hugh with St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5216 SHEERING ROAD
TL 4811 NW 7/4 5.2.80 Nos 13 and 15
Dated 1716. A long range of one storey built in Flemish bonded red brick
with ridged and gabled peg-tile roof. Three red brick plain chimneys one
at the centre and one at each gable end. Two front doors in later gabled
porches and a range of 7 pairs of double 6 pane wooden casements. At the
centre-front a blind dormer with gable bears the inscription with date
and name of benefactor. Three course projecting eaves band. Inscribed:
'Thefe houfef were builded for ye habitation of fower poore widdowes with
monies left by ye will of Mr Francis Reeve formerly of Huberts Hall'.
These words on the front of a blind central dormer with a gable.
Listing NGR: TL4810811607
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings