This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8072 / 51°48'25"N
Longitude: 0.6324 / 0°37'56"E
OS Eastings: 581577
OS Northings: 215338
OS Grid: TL815153
Mapcode National: GBR QL3.QP8
Mapcode Global: VHJJR.XT5Z
Entry Name: Chipping Hill Bridge
Listing Date: 7 February 1973
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306483
English Heritage Legacy ID: 113495
Location: Witham, Braintree, Essex, CM8
Civil Parish: Witham
Built-Up Area: Witham
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Witham St Nicolas
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
7/2/1973 (South side)
Chipping Hill Bridge
Bridge. Built 1770 by Charles Malyon and Samuel Humpherys, Witham bricklayers. Red brick with stone coping. A narrow bridge with 5 arches. On each side, a plain brick parapet wit stone coping projects above the arches, carried on a round brick overhang with a brick band above. Coping has an inscription carved by two soldiers during the First World War, privates Edwards and Baylis, who were range wardens in the 7th Royal Warwick Regiment. The inscription contains the arms of the regiment, their names and their function, several names of Warwickshire towns and the date 1/6 1915 within a shield.
Listing NGR: TL8157715338
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings