This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7624 / 52°45'44"N
Longitude: 1.1126 / 1°6'45"E
OS Eastings: 610108
OS Northings: 322857
OS Grid: TG101228
Mapcode National: GBR TC4.S41
Mapcode Global: WHLRN.2T2M
Entry Name: Church of St Michael and All Angels
Listing Date: 10 May 1961
Last Amended: 22 July 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1306488
English Heritage Legacy ID: 219961
Location: Reepham, Broadland, Norfolk, NR10
Civil Parish: Reepham
Built-Up Area: Reepham
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Reepham St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 1022 REEPHAM CHURCH HILL
8/56 Church of St Michael
and All Angels
(formerly listed as Church
of St Michael)
Parish Church of Hackford with Whitwell, the nave converted to Parish rooms.
Mainly C14 and C15. Flint with stone quoins. Brick and flint additions. Room
of slate and plain tiles. Tower, nave, modern lavatory extension to north,
south porch, south vestry, chancel and passage, linking to St Mary's Church.
Perpendicular tower of 2 stages with flushwork embattled parapet and crocketted
finials flushwork base, diagonal buttresses and south eastern stair projection.
Perpendicular west window, and curvilinear bell openings. Nave of five bays, the
western most blocked with timber 'T' tracery. Windows with curvilinear style
tracery between stepped buttresses, some on the north side with cusped panels. South
porch with re-built parapet and C15 doorway and diagonal buttresses. South east
vestry, probably early C19, with Gothick window. Heavily restored chancel with
2 square headed Perpendicular style windows. Red brick link to St Mary's Church
with 2 centred arched window with timber 'Y' tracery. Arch braced roof with arrised
planks between the rafters. At wall plate level a timber modillion cornice with
above, arch headed panels between the ashlar struts, all possibly C17. Blank
aroading to nave, C14, with continuous moulding through pier and arch. Chancel and
Tower Arch, the latter with corbel brackets in the shape of capitals. West gallery,
on 4 mediaeval style columns with bases and capitals of 1834. Fine Jacobean pulpit
with tester and lecturn with scrolled brackets and pendant fruit. Restored 1893.
(M. J. Sayer MA Reepham's Three Chumches)
Listing NGR: TG1011422856
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings